Working through challenging times
Amidst all the concerns surrounding the safety and well-being of our country, the Quick Group of Companies would like to re-assure you that we’re fully staffed and operational. Our focus is on providing transportation, storage, and assisting Canada’s supply chain in remaining operational during these uncertain times.
If you require assistance with transporting goods, temporary storage, or deliveries in Manitoba or surrounding areas, please call us at 1-800-230-6701.
SPECIAL MEMO FOR THE QUICK GROUP OF COMPANIES CUSTOMERS AND SUPPLIERS
As a valued customer of the Quick Group of Companies, we appreciate the trust that you place in us and our staff. In the current environment, it is extremely important that we monitor the rapidly-evolving situation involving the coronavirus or COVID -19.
Our top priority at the Quick Group of Companies is to keep our environment and yours safe.
We have taken the following steps to address COVID-19:
Quick Group of Companies:
- Continue to add COVID prevention protocols in each division (household moving, freight, packaging, storage, mobile self storage)
- Increased company cleaning protocols in all public/high traffic areas
- Added soaps in washrooms, hand sanitizer stations at key locations
- Posted protocols for customers/shippers/receivers to follow when they come on site
- Signs reminding of proper cough, washing, hygiene etiquette
- Management continues to do weekly risk assessments by area as new situations/information arise
- Relocated staff, office spaces to follow social distancing guidelines as applicable
- Implemented work from home guidelines
- Provide staff with PPE, sanitation, and disinfecting kits. We have been able to secure more masks and hand sanitizer and continue to pursue additional supplies.
- Ongoing work with United Van Lines customers and our own local & long distance moves to do front line service questionnaires with the customers to assess exposure risks. Mitigate them on the front end.
- Created a Moving Steps Process for clients with pre-crew arrival tips and how they are to prepare in advance. We are working to implement this step with new customers going forward.
- Create staggered shifts/schedules to minimize staff crossover as applicable to each division
- Secure ongoing work and government contracts to ensure our employees remain employed
- Reviewing the new government programs to assess how we can use them to benefit our employees
- Increased equipment disinfecting protocols across all divisions
- Provided long haul drivers with Transport Canada’s COVID-19 safety protocols to follow
Many recommendations and restrictions have just come into effect and are changing daily by province/state. We continue to adjust, communicate changes throughout divisions and continue to improve/implement best practices as information is made available. This page will be updated as our protocols change with the evolution of this pandemic and its mitigation strategies.
Most recent update: Apr 22, 2020.
Thank you for your support during these unsettling times. The Quick Group of Companies will continue to work hard to support you in this challenging time.